What do I know about makeup?
Well, nothing actually (except my addiction to eyeliner & mascara), but I LOVE IT! I use foundation all throughout the cold months, sometimes eye-shadow (only in nudes and browns) and occasionally powder + blush with a failed attempt (most times) of contouring. Well, they do say practice makes perfect and hope dies last, so… yeah that’s my makeup mantra I guess. And in case I need to up my game I go for the bold lips.
Not being a makeup artist (cause everyone else is, these days.) doesn’t make me less prone to the beauty slash fashion world out there. So, I will dare make a somewhat bold (even perhaps untrue to some) assumption of the 2 major things happening in makeup today:
The too-groomed look is OUT. Haaaaaallelujah. I mean seriously, who the fuck wants to look like a photoshoped version of themselves? (them perfect eyebrows. borderline clown’ish eye-shadows. glitter. false lashes. matchy eyes to matchy lips, or worse to the outfits.)
When Kim Kardashian went blonde so many girls cried. Cause once her locks went lighter her style turned more sophisticated & less groomed. Thicker eyebrows, apparently smudged nude/brown eyeshadow, natural colors and less apparent precision in applying makeup. I love it! The NEW MANTRA is ‘Makeup is fun, so stop taking yourself so darn serious.’ Wanna wear red lips. Do it. Wanna go full-on makeup. Do it. When it comes to fashion, style, art – rules are obsolete. Keep an eye on the trends, but don’t copy nor chase them. This shit is easier said than done, but 1 thing remains true: if you’ve got a clean canvas (read flawless face, whether natural or due to makeup) ANYTHING will look amazing, even bold eyes with bold lips. ;) (which, BTW is a massive makeup trend this season).
1. It’s all about the LIPS baby. Go bold or go home. Pardon my obsession, but bright red or pink lips look fabulous anytime, any-day, with anything. Besides, it only takes like 2 minutes to apply, so you can even do it on your way to wherever it is your going tomorrow night. ;) How to wear bold lips?
- bold lips & nude face & nude eyes (or minimal).
- bold lips & bold eyes = full-on makeup. Perfect for a night out.
2. BOLD EYES are so sultry and sophisticated in that incredibly sexy way. Think more like cat-eye eyeliner, or smudged eyeliner that creates a slept in look, somewhere between the rock’ish Kate Moss and the seductive Monica Belucci. How to wear bold eyes?
- nude lips or natural cranberry lips look great with this look.
- thick eyebrows.
- matte skin.
- mascara away. 1 time. 2 times. 3 times.
This look is the best, if you can pull it off. No matter the trends, this will always be IN. If the Kardashian-Jenner girls are good at one thing, that’s definitely makeup. They certainly got the beauty and features to experiment and try out any makeup & beauty looks. Always beautiful & glamorous – whether natural, full-on, super trendy, boho chic or God knows what their mood or makeup artists’ mood dictate – their makeup is definitely a source of inspiration. So dig away lovelies. :) So, makeup wise, what’s your thing (natural or full-on?) and what turns you off?