Truth is, secretly I really wanted to be a superhero. I wanted the full-on powers, the read-your-mind secret weapon, the travel back in time shtick, you know… stuff like that. I figured since I have my superhero Deadpool varsity jacket the rest would be a piece of cake.
Well… it turns out the only superpower I have is being lazy af. Which is great tbh, cause I couldn’t be bothered with saving the world and stuff like that. I am also funny, which is probably the only thing Deadpool and I have in common.
Anyway, wearing my new Deadpool jacket from Warrior Jackets, I ended up looking more like a College cheerleader (#eyeroll) rather than a superhero, but I guess that’s fine too, and only comes to show us this jacket’s versatility. #IKnowRight
How to wear a superhero varsity jacket IRL?
- The key is to pick a jacket that’s not too costume-like, which looks very versatile, and can translate easily to any outfit you love to wear.
- Go for boyfriend fit rather that too tight.
- Last but not least pick good quality fabrics. Eventually it has to look expensive, and have a good feel to it, to sort of counter-balance its cartoon-inspired style.
- Have fun with it, and wear it as a statement piece, or just play it by ear and throw it over whatever outfit you’re wearing one day. Replace your leather jacket with a varsity style one, for example.
- If all else fails, wear all black and top it off with a superhero inspired jacket.
Why buy a superhero varsity jacket?
The Q has been on my mind for a while trust me, but it’s easy. You love a movie character so much, or end up crushing over their outfit that you feel like a 10 year who wants to dress like his idol. It sounds stupid but really it’s okay. And quite possible sans looking like a clown. Hello Deadpool jacket, or Ryan Gossling’s Drive jacket.
At the end of the day we’re all kids trying to have fun and enjoy fashion.
Deadpool varsity jacket: GET THE LOOK
It’s no secret I’ve come to love varsity jackets ever since I started my collab with USA brand – Warrior Jackets. The Deadpool jacket I’m wearing is a perfect fit (size S), cause it looks slightly boyfriend cut, but not oversized. I love its colour combo and how it looks more like a College Letterman/Varsity jacket and less like a superhero attire.
Its fabric is really soft and good quality, it keeps you really warm so FYI it’s perfect for autumn and chilly spring days. The shipping was super fast, I got it in a few days which is fantastic given the USA to Europe not-too-fast-shipping.
The price is great, and the design is perfect. It’s effortless, cool and classic, with a bit of college boyfriend vibe to it.
All the pics:
For more jacket styles, both for street wear and everyday outfits, as well as costume parties check out Warrior Jackets shop.