I know NYE parties usually happen in late December. I know that’s winter, and I know it’s usually too cold for anything other than puffer coats and comfy boots, BUT when we talk the biggest party of the year, we need the best shoes in the world. Which are always any kind of high heels.
And yes, for the record, in my book those usually are strappy heels.
No shoe in the world will ever be as sexy and as ready to party and look glamorous like a strappy heel. Whether it’s minimal, super luxurious, opulent, adorned with details, edgy, chunky, dainty, black, nude, red, or bright shades of God knows what colour – strappy heels oomph up any party outfit and give it that holiday sparkling and sexy vibe to it.
And they look great with anything. OR they make anything look great.
But then again this is coming from a girl whose idea of winter comfy shoes is sneakers, and sexy shoes for all year round means any kind of high heels with a penchant for sandals and strappy styles. I just think they are so feminine and sophisticated that you can’t ruin an outfit, you can only make it look more glamorous.
And because strappy heels are sort of minimal in design and really dainty with those thin straps around your foot – they usually are the perfect shoe style for a party outfit. Including one for NYE.
How to wear strappy heels for NYE party?
- make sure the venue is inside somewhere warm. You don’t wanna freeze.
- make sure you have a ride there. Don’t walk in show wearing any kind of high heels. You’ll ruin your glam party mojo. It’s reality, it’s not Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City running through NYC in expensive sky high stilettos.
- wear them with dressy pants and a crop top
- anything sparking and sequins
- mini party dresses with long sleeves and bare backs
- long skirts with thigh high slits
- dressy jumpsuits
- a cool faux fur coat
Heels is the answer to ALL the questions.
Take all the excuses in the world to dress up beautiful and have a blast. It’s only the biggest and most glamourous party of the year. No matter what you decide to wear remember 2 things: have fun and go for any kind of high heels.