Again I am being a selfish biatch with this post, cause the reason behind it purely my own incapacity to decide what I’ll need to buy/have/take and NOT, at the beach this summer. On holiday, and not only. I mean I live by a beautiful ocean and dip my toes into its turquoise water and white sand every fucking day. In my dreams of course.
Right. So, being a hectic kinda gal, has taught me that in order to not pack EVERYTHING I own on a summer vacay all I have to do is look back into the past and see what I did and what I wore, and I’ll have my answer. But you see… that would only mean, that except for undies, and pjs, and bikinis, and sunblock cream, and sunnies and the no-brainer beach essentials I would only need flip flips, cutoffs, and a sarong. That’s pretty much all I end up wearing on my summer vacay anyway.
At some point I decided to roll with it all and accept the fact that I’m a low-maintenance girl when it comes to summer, and I tend to go back to my wild childhood roots when I walked barefoot, and was a beautiful wild child.
Up until yesterday of course, when I changed my mind. You see… the thing about me is I tend to change my mind a gazillion times during one day, but that’s normal, right? Anyway… I went shopping for something red, but ended up buying mainly beach essentials such as a see-through animal print white and black jumpsuit, a see-through white button-down shirt dress, a pair of uber long 70s style light summer pants for the beach, or just summer vacay… and in all this shopping turmoil based on impulse and no-brain whatsoever, it hit me, with what was left of my tiny sanity, ‘What the hell am I gonna do with all these? Am I really gonna ditch my normcore beach uniform for a more grown-up-sophisticated beach/summer-vacay style?’
Pfffff, at this point, with my finances down the drain on clothes, I’d better start doing this!
So what I did later on was decide to make a list of beach fashion essentials every girl (including moi) needs to have this summer in order to look fucking great AND sophisticated, at the beach or on summer holiday.
Here we go then – 9 Beach fashion essentials!
1. Beach TOWELS. The saying – the bigger the better – stands so true in this case. Nothing is more annoying than a tiny little towel, and sand all over it and you as well.
From classic black and white (uber polished sophisticated styles), to more colourful, funky, pop-art-ish, wild prints and colours – ALL is in. Have fun with them.
Tssst, we’ve also talked about beach towels here. Just in case you want more.
SHOP my faves picks for you here:
SHOP my fave picks for you here:
3. Beach BAGS. Straw bags or see-through plastic styles I absolutely love. Again the bigger the better.
SHOP bags here:
4. Beach HATS & CAPS. Y’all gotta a keep yo heads covered up, I mean I know I do. I got enough damage going on up there to allow the sun to melt what’s left of my reasonable brain, you know.
SHOP my fave picks for you here:
5. Beach COVER-UPS. This item on my list exists only because I bought that fabulous see-through jumpsuit, shirt-dress, and wide legged summer pants. I can still of course do my easy peasy sarong this, but maybe it’s high time I acted like a responsible sartorial woman. Just saying.
Beach coverups are the epitome of effortless and chic styles. Something about a woman in a coverup says confident, fun, not-trying, sexy, sophisticated in every sense. Sipping on cocktails and having perfect Instagram grids.
SHOP my fave styles here:
Perhaps it’s all a bit 15yrs-style, but it’s fuuuuuuuun! (okay, this isn’t helping me at all.)
SHOP for chains and flash tats here:
SHOP fave pics for you here:
8. Sunscreen lotions. MAJOR MUST ladies. Massive must. No matter your skin tone you gotta keep that silky smoothness smother than a baby’s butt. And healthy looking. Brown, and chocolate, and cinnamon, and caramel, and honey BUT always always healthy glowy looking.
SHOP for sunscreen lotions here:
9. Beach shoes, otherwise knows as flip flops, or the shoes of my summer. I am well aware of all the internet’s memes and infos on how nasty these flip flops are, but I’ve always worn them, I live in them in summer (well I don’t go out to dinner in them, but you know what I mean) and I ain’t got a problem with them.
I will trade them this year for their more polished siblings, for no reason other than fashion. This summer I’m into polished chic borderline geek slide sandals. The up-side of these is you can take them from the beach to wherever the hell you’re going next.
Well… like I said, this wasn’t a problem for me in flip flops, but I am striving for more sartorial responsibility over here. Amen to that.
SHOP my fave beach sloes here:
I shall leave you now (I know, I know, I will miss you too) with some beach inspo to literally ruin your day if you’ve got no means to get to the beach asap.
Yeah. Being as close to that ocean as a retard from a point, I too shall have a ruined day sans white sands and turquoise waters.