To BANG or not to BANG? That is the question on everyone’s lips this season. Well… it’s been on mine for a year now, ever since I’ve decided to be more adventurous HAIR wise. Now all I have to do is to just put this mind-decision into actual practice. We are talking HAIR TRENDS today, so don’t go out banging… your head against walls. If that’s what you thought I was talking about. Instead, let’s get chatty and serious about having BANGS.
From blunt, full, wispy, to side-swept, retro, or curly — 2015 seems to be all about bangs. Would that have anything to do with the 70s trend, and the rocker slash boho chic looks taking over streets, retail chains and world wide web pages and blogs, I wonder?
Uhhh… where do I place my bet on this one? 2015 seems to be a lot of things but mostly a return to retro 70s, and a redundant obsession with looking French chic. And if that does not involve bangs hairstyles, I don’t know what does. You don’t say or think bangs without Brigitte Bardot or Jane Birkin crossing your mind. If only for one second. And these days everyone’s obsessed with such style and beauty icons.
Also, is it me, or is everyone these days trying to look like a boho queen? Think Jessa from ‘Girls’. I mean, it was only on Friday when I went out that I just realised, ‘Oh wait… I’m at Coachella! Had no idea.’ ‘No, idiot. You’re not. Everyone else thinks they are though.’ Ha. These bohemian romantic but very cool, effortless and slightly rocker looks involve a few things: shades or brown, kimonos, jewellery (massive earrings or rings especially), floral prints, wedge shoes, chunky heels, a glass of poison-by-choice in thy hands, and most of the times looong hair.
And as of lately the look has been sophisticated by BANGS. In fact I’ve had the bangs talk with 2 of my girlfriends over a glass of wine on that exact evening, one of these beauties actually rocking a full set of gorgeous bangs on her head since forever. And we started debating whether or not everyone would look good in bangs, and is it true: do bangs really make you look younger?
After endless bottles of wine we concluded everyone IS beautiful and bangs could just be the secret weapon to looking flawless.
Actually we were not that far off, because as it turns out I keep stumbling over the same line – online – over and over, and over, and over again: bangs over botox ladies!
Yes, we were right, thank you! Bangs do have the magic power to: conceal flaws, wipe years off our faces, and enhance our best features. There’s only one trick to this entire game: nailing the right bangs for your face shape.
Hold your horses. This shit does not stink THAT bad. Basically it’s all face-architecture.
- Oval faces: blunt, side-swept, wispy, parted, full — any bangs style works.
- Diamond face shape: side swept bangs work best.
- Round faces: side-swept, or full blunt bangs I would even say.
- Square faces: full 70s style bangs.
Ladies, these are all rules from god knows which online hub, shared and over-shared by the gurus, BUT the truth is you will only know once you try, and my plan, for myself, and plea to you, is to try with long bangs, side-swept par example, or middle-parted like those 70s looks. You can wear them full on if they look great, or play around with side-swept styles. IF any of these versions do you no justice, you can always wear them up in bobby-pins until they grows out.
4 BANGS HAIRSTYLES TO TRY
1. Full blunt bangs. I love these and if I could I’d totally rock them. Of course I won’t know unless I try. Medium hairstyles with bangs or long hair with bangs, full and blunt look best.
2. 70s style bangs. These are by far my favourite, and the ones I am planning to try asap. Asap I grow some balls to chop off half of my hair from the front, that is. Cringe. I just think these bangs are the best full bangs and wispy bangs combo, and look best worn slightly side-swept or middle-parted.
3. Side bangs. Are the easiest to try, to do, to grow out, and actually fit any face shape. They might just be the entry level to getting or committing to bangs. When talking haircuts with bangs, side swept bangs could basically fit any style, from long to uber short, pixie cut hair.
4. Curly bangs. Do not wtt?-me right now. Think Rihanna when she had red curly hair. Every single girl with natural curly hair would be able to rock bangs. With the right cut, they frame the face in the most beautiful bohemian cool way possible. Some say it’s a no-no but I think curly hair with bangs is pretty amazing.
At the end of the day though, bangs are for some a can’t-live-without hair-gimmick. A full commitment. While for others, myself included, they remain this huge ‘what if’. And to be honest while I think bangs look really nice, girly, sweet and so very young on women, I do know a few who look better without. Hello, Kim Kardashian for example. She looked nice with bangs, but so much better without. By far! So… it does make you wonder does’t it? And if she does’t have the best hair stylists, I don’t know who does.
Before wrapping it up, let’s see more pics.
Yeah… bangs are sophisticated and uber French chic, and in more than 90% cases they wipe off a few years, BUT, one blog post later, and the question still remains:
DO BANGS MAKE YOU LOOK YOUNGER? ARE THEY THE NEW BOTOX?
Only one way to find out. Check out this salon and get a bangs haircut! 😉
Let’s hear it from you. In all honestly I would love to hear your hairstyles-bangs experiences and thoughts, so feel free to share and comment down below.